Friday, December 20, 2013

Yo-yo cockorde


Cockordes were very popular around the turn of the century up to the 1930s.  Usually used on a hat or dress, they were made from ribbon and lace and jewelry.  

I made this one with a pleated trim, gathered it up on a running stitch into a circle.  Then I made a tulle circle with an iridescent tulle and glued it on top of the pleated circle.  Next I made a yo-yo out of an iridescent brocade and glued that down.  I cut a picture out, trimmed it out with a gold lace doily, then glittered the edge of the picture.  I finished it off with a blue silk scrap bow.

This would make a great tree topper attached to a spire, a package topper or regular ornament. The look really changes depending on what kind of ribbon or lace you use. 

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Very pretty and vintage looking.