Tuesday, December 24, 2013

glitter stars


These glitter stars are still among the top favorites of all ornaments I have made for the holidays.  A simple plastic star coated with german glass glitter and some kind of focal glued into the center.  I  have used vintage earrings, Buttons, rhinestones and flowers.  Jazz them up with a tulle circle under the focal first.  We all love how much they shine on the tree. I featured them last year on my blog and they still get a lot of pins on Pinterest. 

They have tarnished over the past year and look even more vintage now. 

I am a freak for glass glitter.  I buy tons of ornaments on clearance after Christmas and cover them with glitter. They look so gorgeous once you glitter them up.  Take a look at all those scraggly ornaments in the clearance bin and think about how you could rework them for a fresh new holiday style next year. 

5 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

Love the glitter.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!

Melody Nunez said...

Fab! Thank you for the wonderful giveaways!

Jill S. said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Omg! Gorgeous!! Gotta love silvered glass glitter. And like you I like it even better with a little tarnish - so pretty.