Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chandelier crystal angel



We all have some of these crystals laying around in the studio. I was looking at one today and thought it would make a sweet angel.
I took a half doiley, some Dresden wings, and some flower trim.  Fold the half doiley around the crystal to make the dress. . Glue the trim on the front, bend some wire into a large circle for halo,  glue to center of the back.  Glue the wings on the back over the wire to cover it.  There you go. 

I have tried to create simple but elegant ornaments that could be used as a class project in school, at a senior center or craft boutique or ornament exchange.  I am one to run to the studio and whip something up for my friends instead of buying something. I love to take a pile of stuff and challenge myself to make something with it. 

Hope you have been enjoying these posts.  I know they are being viewed by a lot of people, just wish I could get people to post comments and share. I want to give these away after Christmas, if anyone has any ideas on how to get people to participate, please let me know.

To enter the drawing, share the page on line and post a comment here on my blog.  Super easy.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Erika Johnson said...

I love to take a pile of stuff and challenge myself to make something with Chandelier crystals angel.