Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Snowmen



I love snowmen. We were doing some Christmas crafting with my niece Julia yesterday and came up with these.  We used some clear bulbs and filled them with glitter.  We only had 2 clear bulbs and decided to look at what other bulbs we had that we could use. I found these silver bulbs and one with chunky glitter that I thought would look cute made into snowmen. 

We glittered some styrofoam balls and got glued them to the tops of the ornaments.  Straight pins were used for the eyes and smile.  The end of a kebab skewer was painted orange for the nose.  I made hats, headpieces and scarves with fabric scraps and jewelry.

I love how their personality seems to come out as you decorate them.  The last one was made by my daughter Kayleigh. 

Enter to win 12 of these ornaments by sharing on any social media website and leaving a comment on one of the ornament posts.  I am extending the date to Friday December 27th.  I will announce the winner on the 28th. 

I would like to take this time to thank you for visiting my blog and for the feedback you have given me on my crafts.  I enjoy creating things for people, and sharing ideas on how to make cool handcrafted gifts. 

During this holiday time, I have had some challenges and difficulties with the use of one functional arm.  I am thankful for my family and their support.  My daughter Kayleigh, who has been my left and spare arm for the last month.  I could not have done half of the things I needed to without her willingness to help.  

We had a lovely Christmas filled with laughter.  My daughters grandparents survived a fall and heart attack, my dad is recovering from a torn hamstring, my moms dog was hit by a car 2 days ago at our family holiday dinner. In spite of all the difficulties and potentially tragic events, we are all still here to celebrate the miracle of Christmas together.  Thankfully we are all ok, we have our health, and survived it all to tell the tales and laugh about it in the end. 

I hope your Christmas was memorable, and that you are home now enjoying the evening together with those you love.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Many blessings to you all.


6 comments:

Vicki said...

I love your snowman. I'm going to have to make some for next year!

Kerry Matthews said...

Hi Karey! The snowmen are adorable! You always have a knack of putting things together in a very creative and cool way! Love ya, Kerry
#cutesnowmen

Brenda@brendabliss.com said...

Your ornaments have been so awesome! You are so sweet to do a give away. Hope that your arm is better soon!! Merry Christmas !

Joanne Huffman said...

The snowmen are delightful. So sorry to hear about your arm; I hope it gets better soon.

fifa-coin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pinky Sharma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.