Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mini portraits


I found these metal portraits at an estate sale.  They are from Italy, and came glued to a velvet backing inside an ornate gilt frame.  They are reproductions of Italian masters work. 

I wanted something gold and pretty to surround it with.  I had this gold tulle I removed from the ballerina doll, and thought it would be perfect to accentuate the portrait. 

I glued it to the back and love the look of it.  You could get a similar look by downloading some portraits from the internet and putting them in those cute ornate little mini frames. 

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

Your tree must be so elegant looking with all these treasures you are making. And, speaking of portraits, I love that I can see you taking the picture in the reflection of the ornament next to your featured piece.