Monday, December 16, 2013

Box sign

I found this sign for $5 at a garage sale.  It was red and green.  I painted it and glittered the letters with German glass glitter.  I thought about it a little bit and realized I could do the same thing with jewelry boxes and foam core letters.  I haven't done it yet, but here are the instructions on how I would do it. 

Paint your boxes the desired colors.  Cut out your letters from foam core.  Glitter letters and glue to box top.  Stagger boxes in an aesthetic way and hot glue together on the sides.  I would use the tops only, but you could do the whole box if you wanted more stability.  I would use the tops and then run a long piece of foam core behind and glue the boxes to them. 

You could make any word you want, customize the colors,  I love the look of it and plan on using it as a centerpiece on my mantel. 

No comments: