Sunday, December 16, 2012

Ribbon Spool Ornaments




Next time you use up a spool of ribbon, save the spool.  If you cut one of the paper tops off, you have a cool round space that can be embellished and made into a lovely shadow box style dimensional ornament.

The top one I made a circle of gathered tulle, glued a vintage earring to the middle and put it inside the circle.  I glittered the outside and embellished it with some cool tinsel trim I had.  The other one was painted aqua, then I arranged the white branches inside, then glued the snowman in the middle and finished it off with a wire edged chiffon bow.  You could use a family photo, A vintage image, really anything could be put inside...Mini bottle brush trees, a piece of jewelry, Barbie shoes.... I could think of hundreds of things.  If you have any ideas, please post them here.

No comments: