Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

 What a month this has been.  Last night we went to my aunt and uncles for dinner... I did not take one photo.  I was so busy visiting with cousins I haven't seen in a while, that I totally forgot.  Great news, my cousin Tim just got engaged, so we have another wedding to look forward to next year.  We got home last night, and Zack entertained us with jokes for an hour.  We sat around and laughed and remembered funny Christmases of the past.  I was saying last night for them to remember these moments, because in a few years they will be married and having kids of their own and starting their own traditions.  Zack says no way, I plan on being here on Christmas eve with my wife and kids, waking grandma and grandpa up at the crack of dawn to open presents.  I was saying we will need to build a bunkhouse...  I wonder what the holidays will be like 10 years from now.  One thing I know... they will be filled with love and thoughtful gestures and traditions old and new.

My kids surprised me by waking up early for the first time and cooking breakfast for everyone.  Usually I am up at 6am cooking, but today I was told to stay in bed and watch a movie.  I could hear them all laughing in the kitchen, and I wanted to go join in the fun... But Pascual made me stay in the room.  Then I smelled the food cooking and knew they were trying to surprise me.  There are those moments in life where you are overwhelmed with love for your kids... where you feel so full in your heart, there is no place for it go so it bubbles out.  Kayleigh's kindergarten teacher taught her that.  That my kids were so thoughtful to wake up early, something they HATE to do, and cook the family breakfast so I could relax... it is truly one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given by my family.

The best news of all....  Santa brought me a CAMERA!  Now I can post videos and high quality photos on my blog...  I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can go outside and use it to photograph the yard and show you all the great space we have to work with in our new garden...

Speaking of gifts. I have one last gift suggestion, you can use it for next year.  I don't have photos, so I will just tell you about it.  I Love to give gift baskets for the holidays.  A basket with Pasta Sauce made from the garden, homemade pasta, olive oil and balsamic dipping oil, a baguette and a chocolate cake.  Everything you need to make a day after christmas dinner.  When you are wiped out and don't feel like cooking.  This meal in a basket is a much loved favorite gift.  Of course you can cheat and buy all the ingredients, it will still be just as appreciated.  Makes a great hostess gift for a holiday party too.

Wishing all of you a lovely, warm holiday season.  Thanks for stopping by this month and checking out my little Christmas ideas.  I will be taking the rest of the year off, and will begin posting after Kings day, January 6th...  with new photos, and video tutorials of DIY projects and recipes.

Hugs to all
Karan

No comments: