Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cardboard Glitter Houses







I love making things out of recycled cereal boxes.  I found a little village with five little houses on it.  I took the houses apart carefully and made patterns.  You need an xacto knife and a steel ruler.  Trace the pattern on to the cereal box and cut out pieces with the xacto.  Fold pieces according to the pattern, and then glue together.  Paint buildings desired color and then glitter.  Use acetate or plastic from food containers for windows.  Use a gold or white sharpie pen to make the window panes and frame the windows. Glue inside the window holes.  Hang them on the tree, or display them as a mini village.  You can take battery powered itty bitty lights and put a couple in each house and then display it as a village, covering the cord and battery pack with imitation snow.   How adorable are they?

I have traced all the houses and made 4 patterns for you to download, but I can't figure out how to put the PDF's on here.  I would be happy to email you the PDF's if you drop me a note and request them.  I am working on figuring out how to put them on here as a downloadable file...  but until then, I have to send them to you.  Have fun making lots of different variations of these four houses and create your own little town.


No comments: