Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine hearts.. and love launch weekend...




I wanted to share some hearts with you. I love hearts. I collect them. I look for them everywhere, and I am starting to find them more. I think it is because I am opening up to all the love out there in the universe. I was cutting this bellpepper for an omlette, and look what was inside. A perfect little heart pepper. I made dinner for my honey last night and it was awesome. Mostly from Costco, but nothing pre prepared. Shrimp Cocktails, ( love how the shrimp naturally formed a little heart in the middle) Egg Flower Soup (packaged mix that I prepared) from our favorite asian market, Ahi tuna steaks breaded in crushed wasabi peas and grilled in oil. Rice Pilaf, and for dessert this yummy jello dessert. 2 envelopes of unflavored geletin, 2 cups of very sweet wine line Muscat, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 cups of berries and one vanilla bean, (or 1 tsp vanilla extract). You take 1 cup of wine and put it in a bowl and pour the geletin on it and let soften. Take the remaining wine and sugar and vanilla and bring to a boil. Pour it into the geletin mixture, and then pour into a heart shaped mould, or some mini moulds. Let set 3 hours or until well set. I took a butter knife and losened the edges, and then sat it in the sink with a small amount of really hot water to help- unmold it. It came out perfect. it is like a jello shot with wine and fruit. Next time I will try it with spumanti champagne instead... it has to be sweet wine, or you need to increase the sugar by 1/4 cup.

So there is our valentines feast. It was so much better than going to a crowded restaurant where you get crummy service and it isn't even very romantic. We actually prefer eating in. So tonight he is making me homemade pasta and baguettes with shrimp scampi!!! Oh, I forgot to mention. I made truffles for him too. I will post that recipe tomorrow with a photo... they are to die for!
We are goiong to a Love Launch weekend. It is a workshop done by a husband and wife on how to find your soul mate. If you already have yours (lucky me) they show you how to use the laws of attraction to bring more love into all areas of your life. I am looking forward to it. I will let you all know how it goes!

3 comments:

Melanie E said...

All the heart foods are really fun! And please let us know how the workshop goes, it sounds so interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karan!
I just noticed this blogpost....and wanted to reach out and check in with you...
How are you???

Lara Fernandez