Monday, August 6, 2012

Blue Monday


Yesterday I went to the Alameda Flea Market.  I have not been to this market since 2008 and it has changed, for the better I must say.  It is bigger than last time I went.  I have never been to the Rose Bowl market. ( I can't believe I never went when I lived there).  From what I hear, this one is comparable in size.  It is packed with people, the aisles are full of buyers with flat carts and shopping carts full of goods.  Many shop owners use this market as a source for their inventory.  In the past I found this market to be too highly priced.  I always found things at my local drive in flea market for better prices.  However that has changed.  In comparing Alameda's prices to the LA area markets, I find it to be very comparable and cheaper in many ways.  There is a lot of furniture and bric a brac here as always, but I saw some really cool pieces that I would have loved to buy if I had a home to put them in.  We are in a teeny tiny apartment temporarily, so any buying of new stuff has to wait until we permanantly locate somewhere.

The weather was unusually cold and dismal for August, so in honor of that, I call today's post Blue Monday.  I am loving aqua and blue things lately, so I shopped with my camera and took pictures of a lor of blue things.  Here are a some photos of my favorites.










No comments: