Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Getting ready for the holidays



I am so excited for the holidays this year.  Not for any particular reason, but for a lot of reasons.  We are starting a lot of new things in December.  My hubby has a new job he starts after Thanksgiving.  We are moving into a new house December 1st.  I am back home in Northern California where all my family and childhood friends are.  My kids are all close by for Christmas baking and holiday crafting. 

So what if we don't have furniture.  Who cares that we will be moving and unpacking at the height of the holiday preparation time.  We are all here....  We get to be together.  We don't have to be frantic and bring everything with us in the car from OC. 

Everything we need can be found at a garage sale or thrift store.  I am on the hunt for a pre lit tree, a sofa or two and queen beds.  Hopefully I will find them quickly and inexpensively.  We have time.  I am excited to have a studio space again.  Pascual is thrilled to get a greenhouse and chickens... Kayleigh is happy to have a room again.  Life is good, we are happy.

I am working on being in the moment.  Enjoying every single day for what it is.  A gift.  The present.  The ducks on the pond every day when we go for our walks.  My sister in law Krissy, my friend, walking partner and therapist.  Our cozy little apartment that we have quickly ourgrown.  My new little nephew due to be born in March.  Our nieces Breanna and Adrianna, and nephews Diego and Pablo that remind us how fun it is to have kids around at Christmas...

I am off to prepare for Thanksgiving.  Happy Turkey day to you.  May yours be filled with love, laughter and lots of great food.

No comments: