Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Affaire





I participated in a holiday boutique over the weekend in Costa Mesa.  I met some lovely ladies and sold a lot of candy.  I will really miss living in Orange County when we move back to the Bay Area next year.  There is a group of artists that gather together once a month and do workshops.  I missed the opportunity to join them, and now I am moving away.  I am still glad I got the opportunity to meet them, and can always visit and network with them even after I move away.

Everyone was asking how I made the fudge and truffles.  They are both super easy. 

1 can of sweetened condensed milk
18 oz of chips, (chocolate or otherwise)
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract... (Use the real stuff, it makes a BIG difference in the taste)

Microwave chips and milk on hi for 3 minutes stirring after 1 1/2 minutes.  It is VERY important that there is NO water on the utensil, or the container you melt it in.  The chocolate will seize up and not melt successfully.  when chips are melted, mix until smooth, add vanilla extract, stir vigorously until smooth.  pour out into wax paper lined pyrex brownie pan.  allow to set up for several hours. Cut and serve.

Variations can include: (add after chips are melted and stirred smooth)

1 cup of chopped nuts of choice
substitute vanilla for 1/4 cup of desired liquor
add 2/3 cup chopped marischino cherries and pour shreaded coconut on top and press in
chop one bag of mini peanut butter cups and press in to top
press andes mint chips into top
make with butterscotch chips and walnuts for easy penuche
This is by far the easiest and most tasty fudge recipe ever.

Enjoy and happy holidays

No comments: