Friday, April 29, 2011

A royal birthday


I have always been a big royal family fan.  I remember watching Charles and Diana get married when I was in 11th grade.  The cinderella story had me riveted.  I feel a great sense of honor and excitement to be sharing my birthday with William and Kate.  I remember, It was the night before my c-section with Kayleigh that the sad news of Diana's death was told to me by my aunt when I came back from a pre-birth dinner with my husband.  I remember the shock I felt, and the strange sense of disbelief as I watched the news that night.  I remember thinking, how sad, that she won't be there to see her beautiful sons grow up.  How tragic that she will never hold her grandchildren.  How truly sad I felt for those poor boys, who had just lost their only chance at having any kind of a "normal" experience of life.

I think Diana would be very proud of her sons.  She left them with a legacy of love and kindness.  But mostly, she instilled in them the sense of being normal boys in a world of priveledge.  Two thumbs up for Wills, marrying a lovely girl, who is even more than his mother, "the people's princess"  I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.  They deserve it. 

No comments: