Saturday, November 17, 2007

The things we do for art....

Here I am... up at 6am to go to some garage and estate sales. Every Saturday I am up at the crack of dawn, making snacks and tea for the journey. We go all day and come home with a car packed full. My husband comes with me and keeps inventory. All of it is for an on line store we will be creating soon to sell altered art supplies. I gotta say, some of it is pretty dang cute... I was getting frustrated, because the stuff is taking over our lives... then out of the blue, the universe sends me a beautiful gift... a studio came available to me for FREE at my mom's center. I have been rearranging things so I can move all (ok SOME) of my supplies there and set up a working studio and gallery. I am so excited. Many people have stopped in to see what we are doing. It is a really nice place with great energy. Come by and have a cup of tea. Check out the bookstore. I am there most days working on the gallery and moving stuff around. I will be actively creating art there after thanksgiving, and selling some of the great swag I have collected the past few months. I hope to have old books for sale as well, but a curious problem has developed. Apparantly I have a great eye for rare books. I buy them based on how they look for an altered project... and then we get home and find they are worth between $75 and $150 each. Pascual won't let me alter them, for obvious reasons. So now Pascual has a side business as an ebay book seller as well. He is honking the horn... gotta go. Bargains await.

1 comment:

Melanie E said...

Where is your studio? I need to come to see what you're doing because it sounds so very cool!!