Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Garage Sale SUCCESS!

What kind of scrapbooker am I?  I had my record BEST garage sale on Saturday and sold $1000 worth of art supplies and various junk and didn't take ONE photo.  All of it was art and craft related.  I put the add on Craigslist and included my phone number.  I got a lot of calls from people about the sale in advance.  People were very respectful and didn't come early.  I was happy to donate the leftovers to the Hall Closet and get it out of my garage.  It feels really great to have all those things gone.  Now I am looking at how I can get rid of even more and have another huge sale in November or December.

Some of you know I have been struggling with a frozen shoulder for most of the year.  I just found out that there is a significant tear in my rotator cuff, and I will probably need surgery.  OK... that will happen after the first of the year.  I can't be limited in my mobility before the holidays.  I need to be able to do all my holiday baking and crafting.  I am selling in 2 boutiques this year in November.  At least they are letting me see the doctor I want, the same one who did my nephew and sister-in-law's surgeries.  I will be glad to get the mobility back in my shoulder.


Check out this adorable little Breezy Bug I photographed in my front yard this morning... Invasive pests, they're here and they're hungry...  Anyone heard those adds on the radio by the California agriculture department?  They crack me up.  Like them, Breezy never met a plant she didn't like... and enjoys picking flowers and pods and some of the last tomatoes. 

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Darn, wish I had known about your garage sale. I could have increased your profit!!