Friday, September 20, 2013

Jewelry Displays



I have been working on some displays for shows I have coming up.  I am looking at using things I have around the studio that I can repurpose for hanging long necklaces.  The easel boards work fine for shorter things, but the long ones present more of a challenge.  My friend Nancy found a cool lamp at the Long Beach flea that had all these crystals hanging on it.  She removed the crystals, and the wires on it made perfect places to hang earrings and necklaces. 

Finding new ways to display things for photographing and listing on Etsy is another project I am working on now.  Using vases, candle sticks, bowls, frames and fabrics to stage makes a big difference in the way your products sell on line.

I have been booking home parties or Trunk Shows, and selling jewelry and components.  I will be offering classes soon as well.  I find many people would like to learn how to rework their own jewelry and make new pieces from Grandmas jewelry.

Starting next week, I will be doing some tutorials on reworking pieces you have in your jewelry box and no longer wear. I will take several pieces and create one stunning piece by combining, restringing, wiring and riveting new pieces together.

Check back on Thursdays for upcoming posts and tutorials,




No comments: